Workshops offer opportunities for organizations to learn about new areas of marketing. With robust questions and answers, attendees walk away with new insights, best practices, practical advice, and inspiration. Each workshop is different in its approach, time commitment, and outcomes. Some are more educational in nature whereas others are oriented around collaborative decision-making.
Introduction to the Modern Marketing Model:
The first step in pivoting to a modern marketing organization is understanding the hallmarks of modern marketing. In this educational workshop, attendees will learn:
- How Marketing has changed over the last few years
- The characteristics of a high functioning modern marketing department
- The importance of Marketing Operations (MOPs)
- Best practices in marketing organizational design
The What, Why, and How of Agile Marketing
Marketing organizations move to agile marketing to more quickly respond to the wealth of data available and to ensure succesful delivery of important projects. In this educational workshop, attendees will learn:
- What is agile marketing and why it is one of the most important trends in modern marketing
- How you can start to experiment with agile marketing in your organization
Cross Functional Executive Prioritization—Where to Start in Marketing Transformation
One of the biggest challenges in pivoting to a more modern marketing organization, is achieving cross-functional alignment on the top priorities and value-drivers. In this facilitated session, executives will collaboratively determine their organization’s top priorities. This workshop provides:
- An overview of modern marketing opportunities and how modern marketing unlocks cross-functional value
- Exercises to help the executive team understand and prioritize the opportunities of most value and to clearly define their vision for success.
Top Trends in Marketing Technology:
Marketing Technology is a rapidly evolving and dynamic marketing specialization. In this educational workshop, attendees will learn:
- What Marketing Technology (MarTech) is and why it matters
- The types of tools that are in the MarTech 5,000 (now, at 8,000 tools)
- Top trends in marketing technology and automation across all industries
- How marketing technology is being used in your industry (workshops are contextualized for the participating organization)
- Different ways of delivering MarTech capabilities
- Pros and cons of big marketing clouds versus best-in-breed stacks and how organizations strike the right balance.
12 Ps of Marketing Technology ©
The 12Ps of Marketing Technology © is a proprietary framework for marketing technology strategy, planning, and adoption. With a strong focus on the change needed within Marketing, the 12Ps drives the entire MarTech process from capability prioritization to benefits realization. In this workshop, attendees will discover:
- Common challenges in Martech projects
- What are the 12Ps of Marketing Technology and why they are so important
- How your organization can use the 12Ps to increase marketing technology success
The Marketing Technology Business Case – How to Build a Case for Change:
Before an organization invests in marketing technology, they need to understand if there is a compelling business case. The business case is not only critical for stakeholder buy-in and approval but as a foundation to measure the benefit realization of your MarTech project. In this educational workshop, attendees will walk away with practical guidance on the:
- Business benefits of marketing technology and how can you measure impact
- Hidden cost elements to consider
- Core elements of a marketing technology business case
- How you explain the value of marketing technology to non-marketing stakeholders
For those organizations actively building a Martech business cases, follow-up facilitated workshops, can be scheduled to collaboratively build your MarTech business case.
MarTech Deep Dives:
There are over 8,000 marketing tools across numerous capability areas. Prior to the workshop, organizations:
- Select a specific marketing technology category where they wish to learn more (ex: customer data technology, ESPs (email service providers), B2B Marketing automation, social media management, influencer marketing tools, etc.)
- Share what they wish to achieve from the technology
At the workshop, attendees’ benefit from a deep dive into the marketing technology category exploring:
- Why the category is important
- If relevant, the sub-categories and nuances in the category
- How the technology, in the category, is being used to drive value
- Top vendors in the space
- Considerations when selecting a vendor / embarking on a project
The Why and How of Segmentation and Customer Personas
Customer Segmentation and Customer personas are the backbone of a well optimized marketing team. They help organizations move from “one size fits all” marketing to highly contextual and relevant marketing. In this workshop, attendees will learn:
- The foundations of customer segmentation and why is it important
- The organizational pre-work needed to build rich segments and personas
- How marketers use segments and personas for contextual and engaging marketing
For those organizations with rich customer data and research, follow-up facilitated workshops, can be scheduled to collaboratively build segments and personas. The facilitated workshop will also discuss ways the organization can use these new segments and personas to enrich marketing efforts.
Customer Advocacy & Community Marketing – the New Branding Strategy:
Community Engagement Marketing, and its subsets of customer advocacy marketing and community marketing, is one of the most exciting trends in modern marketing. It is particularly powerful for B2B companies, membership associations, content providers, and organizations with large communities of digital users. In this educational workshop, attendees will discover:
- The power of Community Engagement Marketing
- How organizations use these tools to transform their marketing, user research, customer success, advocacy, and sales strategies
- The different types of vendors in the space
- Considerations when choosing a vendor / embarking upon a project
Customer Data – Do I need a CRM, DMP, or CDP?
The customer data and marketing automation landscape is becoming incredibly complex. It is important that Marketers understand the difference in the tools, and the core underlying capabilities, so that they can avoid being seduced by technology companies that over promise. In this session, attendees will discover:
- The strengths, limitations, and use cases for CRM (customer relationship management).
- The difference between DMPs (data management platforms) and CDPs (customer data platforms) and how organizations use these tools
- Trends in customer data
- Where the customer data industry is headed
- Important considerations before embarking on purchasing a customer data solution
An Introduction to Marketing Metrics:
Measurement and financial accountability are the heart of modern Marketing organizations. While many organizations strive for the holy grail of full marketing attribution, all organizations benefit from a more strategic focus on metrics. In this workshop attendees will learn:
- The difference between marketing metrics, KPIs, and attribution
- The four level of marketing metrics (reach, engagement, conversion, and return on investment).
- Top marketing KPIs (key performance indicator) for your marketing dashboard
For those organizations, interested in building their marketing dashboard, follow-up facilitated workshops, can be scheduled to collaboratively design the marketing dashboard elements.
Content Marketing – Developing a Winning Strategy
Content Marketing is one of the most important trends in modern marketing. By engaging audiences with relevant and useful content, content marketing can be much more impactful than tradition outbound marketing. Companies with robust content marketing strategies can improve audience discovery, engage customers, and drive revenue.
In this workshop, attendees will discover:
- What is Content Marketing
- A review of top content marketing use cases – what are they and how do they drive business value?
- The fundamentals of building a content marketing strategy
- How to make the financial case for content marketing
- Latest trends in content marketing
For those organizations, interested in defining their top content marketing opportunities, a follow-on facilitated workshop can be scheduled to:
- Select and define the top content marketing use cases for your organization. Which uses cases have the largest financial benefit and strongest strategic alignment with your brand’s goals?
- For prioritized use cases, build the financial business case framework.
- Guidance and best practice to get started on your content marketing journey
Discovery & SEO (Search Engine Optimization): The Critical Role of Marketing
Modern marketing teams lead discovery and SEO strategies. In this workshop, attendees will discover:
- Why discovery and usage matter
- The building blocks of a successful content discovery and usage program
- How to orient your whole organization around content discovery and SEO optimization
- Marketing’s role in leading search engine optimization (SEO)
- Trends in SEO
Branding Personality Facilitation:
A solid brand strategy starts with a clear articulation of your brand archetype and personality. In this workshop, attendees will learn:
- Learn what brand archetypes are and why are they so critical for engaging customers.
- Discover how leading companies use brand archetypes
For those organizations, interested in defining their brand archetype, further facilitated workshops can be scheduled, to collaboratively define the organization’s brand personality. It is recommended that these workshops extend beyond marketing and include a representative mix of functions so there is full brand buy-in across the organization.
Latest Trends Driving Digital Commercial Advertising Revenue
Supply side advertising (selling ads) and demand side advertising (buying advertising) rely on many of the same marketing technologies and marketing techniques. Whether Publishers sell advertising themselves or rely on partners, it is important to understand the trends that drive revenue. In this session, attendees will learn:
- Top trends in commercial digital advertising