Fractional CMO services provide organizations with the horsepower of a highly skilled CMO (chief marketing officer) without the need to hire a full-time CMO. There are different reasons organizations hire fractional CMOs, including:
- Drive Scale & Growth: Brands in a high-growth mode often need the help of a fractional CMO to build a scalable and impactful marketing strategy and infrastructure.
- Prioritize Transformation & Change: Fractional CMOs can provide the external perspective and experience required to successfully lead change and transformation. Ideal for organizations looking to modernize marketing and/or pivot to customer experience operating model.
- Elevate Talent: A Fractional CMO can manage and coach a current marketing leader to help develop their skills and confidence.
- Reduce Fragmentation: A fractional CMO can help drive cohesion and build a shared-services model in organizations where marketing teams are fragmented across different business units.
- Manage a Turnaround: Fractional CMOs can plan and implement turnarounds for underperforming marketing teams.
- Fill a CMO Gap: A fractional CMO can help organizations address a senior marketing resource gap. They can also help position marketing’s role and strategy within the broader organization.